MprisD + Amp.Ris

In my initial post, I mentioned I’d release my mobile development coursework, but lamented at the deadlines coming up. Exams are still to go, but yesterday was dissertation hand in day, hurray!

I had tried out remuco at Christmas and really enjoyed the experience, while it had some design issues, it worked. Unfortunately the project officially died quite recently, so I decided to write my own.

In a nutshell, it’s a remote media control server, using the MPRIS2 DBus interface, and a client application. With it, the user can control any MPRIS2 capable media players that are running on their PC, and in some cases (e.g. Banshee) launch the media player from their Android phone. See the video demo I made as part of the course.

I’ve uploaded the project to GitHub, of course, it is Free Software!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s